Thursday, May 28, 2009

Grading the Rochester Spring Duathlon

I'm going to try to continue to provide some format to the race reporting and I'm behind, so here goes:

Race Importance (to my season)- A-
There was only three races on my schedule this year that are A races, but you don't travel five and an half hours just to fart around either. I wanted a top three performance here.

Race Course- A+
This was a great course. The runs were closed to traffic and easy to navigate, impossible to get lost on. The bike was basically a series of right hand turns on a very rolling and fair course. And the park is awesome. The whole setting was beautiful.

Race Organization- A
Extremely well-organised with a great transition area. Race started on time, course was clearly marked, there were a ton of volunteers and the awards were timely .

My performance- B+
First run was too slow. Found my grove on the bike. Second run was not hard enough. Good second bike. Iffy second run. Verdict- managed 3rd, maybe could have been second. Must push myself harder.

No comments: