Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Rain Game

A little bit of luck today. Although the rain started half an hour before my run (or I started my run half an hour late), it was just a steady drizzle, not enough to do more but make me feel confident that yes, if it rains Sunday, it won't be a big deal.

Rain is funny this time of year. During the day, a good thin rain boosts the humidity and gives the illusion that it's actually warmer, not colder. Of course, if it pours it's miserable, and it gets nasty fast on the bike, but for a run, it's really not so bad at all.

I felt good running today. My stride is longer, like a runner's stride rather than a triathlete's stride and I feel like a things are coming together. In one of life's little senseless ironies, I received an email that my last chance to order pictures from the 2005 marathon was Friday.









Looking at this pictures I can see I had a bad day. I'm leaning backwards in one of them ! Backwards ! Good thing I wasn't skating !

No comments: