Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yoga, Cleanse Day Eleven, other Thoughts

With just three days left in the cleanse, it starts to click a little bit. I had a long day at work, with a longer one coming tomorrow- and had to wait to spin until I got home, and then it was time to head out to yoga.

Anyone who knows me probably understands what a daft concept this is- me at yoga. On one hand, my flexibility is actually pretty good for a 43-year old endurance athlete who still doesn't stretch adequately. On the other hand, if there isn't a challenge, I'll look to make one, when I'm doing something even vaguely athletic. I haven't been to class every week since Steve Surprise arranged for Force 5 to start getting yoga lessons at Zane's Cycles on Wednesday night, but I've been a few time.

The hard thing about yoga is that you really have to not try so hard. Amy, our instructor, talks about listening to your body, and doing what is enough for you. Of course, any option she gives us, I want to try. The harder and more challenging, the better.

Not the right approach for yoga. Long story short, I grunt way more than I should at yoga.

Still, it's good for me, it does help my flexibility, and maybe, just maybe, I'll start to get the mental aspect.

In the meantime, having a nice group evening activity takes your mind off the cleanse. It's almost over now. I'll be glad, really glad, just to have a beer. To not have to wonder if that's 5 ounces of pasta or 7 ounces of pasta.

But I'll also be glad to have done the cleanse. So coach- thanks.

No comments: