Friday, January 15, 2010

Cleanse Day 14

This is it- the last day- hell, the last hour.

I did not want to do the cleanse. Let's be honest, I never want to do the cleanse, but this year I really didn't want to do it. More than ever. It wasn't just that I'd done it quite a few times already, it was just that, well, I don't like it.

Now that it's almost over, I'm really glad that I did it. Of course, with the entire cleanse in the rear-view mirror it's easy to look back and say hey, I'm glad I did this thing that really kind of sucked while I was doing it but now I feel like I accomplished something.

But that's the way it goes. And that's okay- it's over. It's time to go back to my normal routine, with a little better nutrition this year.

I want to race better this year. I can eat a little better and I can definitely sleep more. These things will help.

Thanks, Eric.

ps I'm sure next year, it will be more of the same. I'll be hating the cleanse until about the 23rd hour of the 14th day...

No comments: