Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Cleanse Day5

Another day on the cleanse.

Some of my co-workers were wondering why it is that 'someone like me' would be doing the cleanse. I'm really the one person in the department that is really active and everyone sees me eating fruit, salad and pretty much the same food every day. Add that to the fact that I show almost no interest in going out for lunch- the type of going out for lunch that involves fast food anyway. Mix in that I don't eat meat and people really kind of find it odd that I do something like this.

I, on the other hand, see my eating habits as only slightly above average. Yes, I eat a decent amount of fruit and definitely get my veggies and lean protein, but it's not like I'd ever say, grab an apple out of the refrigerator as a snack. I might eat one at 10 AM because I think I should, but at 3PM on a Sunday when I'm watching the game it's going to be beer, crackers and cheese or some chips...

Deep down, I know if I ate better and slept better, I'd be a better athlete. I'd probably feel sharper most of the time too.

The cleanse is a good reminder of that. And my eating habits have improved as a result of it.

No comments: