Monday, January 08, 2007

Cleanse Day 7- January 8th

Wow ? Some days you walk into work and it's a buzzsaw- it was like that today. We had a 3 hour power outage in the wee hours and it played havoc with our systems.

I was actually looking forward, therefore, to hitting the pool at lunch for my easy 2000 yard swim. (Easy 2000 yards, alan ? I can hear you laughing.)

I was again getting blown away by the same woman in the lane next to me. then again, she got in after I'd swum 500 yards and was out again before I was finished. Slow and steady, baby, as Al Davis would say if he was still coherent (which he isn't). Swimming is kind of a weird activity- you can sort of feel everything- arms, legs, torso. While my legs are still a little bit leaden, I felt good in the pool today. On the other hand, the 9 pounds I've dropped hasn't made me any more bouyant. Overall, it was a restful swim, which was good, because after lunch at work was like two buzzsaws coming from opposite directions.

The big thing today was that we planned to go to Kampai after work for hibatchi. Hibatchi on the diet, you ask ? Well, we drink tea, don't eat the rice, and don't eat the noodles and yes, it fits the diet. Bean Sprouts, stir-fried veggies, mushrooms, some protien (salmon for me), a salad and some soup. This is the highlight meal of the cleanse and if you are struggling- give it a try.

No comments: