Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Cleanse- Day One- January 2nd

The hardest thing about the first day of the cleanse diet is drinking all that water. 100 ounces- 6 bottles of the Poland Spring Water (carbonated, lime flavoured). That's like 2% of my body weight in water. Between the obvious increase in frequency of water closet visits, the fact that I'm often cold at night, and the general pressure of getting the water drank, well, it's not at the top of my list of things I love.

I was out running today and a guy rode by me on a mountain bike. I watched him pull away slowly and decided I really wasn't happy about that, so I ran him down, and then passed him. he wasn't exactly riding as hard as he could- and he was on the wrong side of the road with no helmet- but I had to work pretty hard.

Ego is a funny thing...

No comments: